Review - bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 8.0 in The September Issue

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Note - I purchased this at Sephora on sale for $25 about a month ago. The website has it listed as full price, but still at Limited Edition. Check your local store for details.

Whenever I think bareMinerals, I honestly just think "face". I remember when the Mineral Veil launched and everyone thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Now when I think bareMinerals, its usually more along the lines of "HOLY CRAP THEIR EYESHADOWS". I don't know how they're doing it, but bareMinerals seems to  have one  of the best pressed shadow formulas on the market right now.





The Ready 8.0 Palette comes in a metallic silver case that one, will hold every single fingerprint (I swear you don't even have to touch it. You just have to think about touching it.) and almost makes the full size mirror in the lid superfluous. There is also a double sided travel sized brush that I'll probably never use. 

Now to the impeccable shadows. The top row, from L to R are;

Couture, which bareMinerals calls a "glimmering clove". Its a slightly bronze, cool toned brown, and really stunning on the lid. 

Silhouette, an "antique white" and I guess antique means slightly golden white. Its actually really different from anything in my collection.

Statement, which is a "vibrant orchid". It is a matte magenta/orchid with a little bit of glitter that neither really translates to the lid or causes any fallout. It most definitely is vibrant, but was a slight touch chalky (I've seen much worse, though).

Prêt-à-Porter (translates to Ready To Wear.) is a "sunbaked gold"' and is literally flawless. It is the most buttery, pigmented shadow of the bunch, and maybe of my collection. It is similar to Half Baked by Urban Decay but superior to it.

The bottom row, from L to R are;

Três Chic, which is a "apricot creme". It is matte, and is like a light mustard shade. It is far more flattering than I anticipated an is one of the softest mattes I've tried.

Editors Pick is a "metallic teal". It leans more true teal than blue teal or emerald teal, which sets it apart from other shades in my collection, like Urban Decay Loaded (which is more emerald teal). It was nearly as buttery as Prêt-à-Porter, but had a nice, subdued quality to it.

Glitterati is a "shimmering pink". Its a champagne pink and is pretty light. It warms up a lot on the lid and would pair well with MAC Expensive Pink.

Ensemble is described as the "deepest eggplant". Its very unique because it reads very brown on the skin with a hint of aubergine that makes it really special. Because of that, I really don't have anything similar in my stash. It is a matte.

Overall;

Pros:
 - Phenomenal pigmentation.
 - Mix of mattes and shimmers.
 - No fallout. 
 - Range of colors and looks.

Cons:
 - Packaging holds fingerprints very easily.

This is literally one of the best beauty products in my collection. It even comes with a step by step guide for three looks for those of use who are less than creative, but I can definitely see a lot of people having fun with the mix of shades in this palette. Flawless execution, bareMinerals!

10/10 - Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric