And as a bonus, the weather is feeling kind of fall-y this week. I mean, its still awful hot, but the humidity isn't quite as crazy as it has been of late and we're not getting those afternoon Florida thunderstorms quite as much as we do in the depths of summer. Although, it may just be my wishful thinking.
I intentionally broke up this post into two categories because I hoard dark lipsticks and I have some phenomenal ones that have been discontinued or limited edition, so the first group are readily available and the second group are "honorable mentions" that you need if you find them discounted or in a blog sale or a CCO or something of the like.
Enough with my ramblings, here's some lipstick!
Okay, yeah. I'm obsessed.
The top row, from left to right is;
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie - This was my intro to "dark lips". Its a great way to deepen your natural lipcolor for fall, but without being dramatic.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey - As with the prior, it isn't a statement lip, but it darkens things up just a bit. I've reviewed this here.
- ELF Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose - I love mauves and this is a darker, cool mauve. If I'm wearing lighter, paler mauves in the summer, then I'm moving onto something like this in the fall and winter.
- L'Oreal Colour Riche La Laque in Laquer-ized - I just reviewed this yesterday. Its bright, but the color saturation and cool tone to it is perfect on my skin for fall.
- Smash Cosmetics Lipstick in Pale Mauve - This is a touch more purple than ELF Tea Rose and that's right up my alley!
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink - I probably purchased this one for the name, but its a cooler toned berry shade that I really like against my skin.
- CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Divine - This is a less purple and intense version of MAC Heroine. The way it interacts with the natural color of the lips is very nice.
- MAC Up The Amp - If you are new to purple toned lipsticks, but really like the look of them, try this. It wears very comfortably and is quite wearable. I've reviewed this here.
- NYX Round Lipstick in Lala - This shade is a quite dark take on mauve and it, in turn is a really unique shade.
And the bottom row, from left to right, is;
- MAC Rebel - Does this surprise anyone? No? Duh.
- NARS Afghan Red - I really love this shade because its a red, but its not super intense and it makes it really easy to wear. I've reviewed this here.
- NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White - Another lipstick that I purchased for the name, but I LOVE that this shade is a cool toned red that somehow has a touch of brown to it, so it sets itself apart from the rest of my collection.
- MAC Diva - This is my favorite dark red, and I hesitated putting this in the Fall picks because I'll probably wear this a lot this winter, but whatever - you'll probably see it then too. I've reviewed this here.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 04 - This shade is holding me off until I can get my hands on NARS Train Bleu. Its a blackened purple with some brown in it and I love it so incredibly much.
And onto the honorable mentions..I had to...
From left to right these are;
- MAC Mattene in Nocturnal Instincts - I wore the heck out of this last winter, and spring, and...well you get the point. Its a mauve shade thats kind of a paler mauve, but has a touch of warmth to it that makes it more wearable and if they ever repromote it, I'll probably buy like three..
- Revlon Violet Frenzy - I'm not sure if this is discontinued completely, but it's no longer listed on the website. I'd sweep it up if I were you. Its a semi sheer take on a dark, purple toned berry and I love it.
- MAC Heroine - Again, is anyone surprised. This needs to be part of the permanent range. If you've been living under a rock, Heroine is a darkened matte violet shade. I've reviewed this here.
- MAC Strong Woman - Definitely an under-appreciated shade from the MAC camp. This is slightly redder than Heroine, and for that reason, a bit more wearable across the board.
- MAC Boyfriend Stealer - I'm glad I picked this shade up. This collection was a springtime-ish collection, so I'm glad to finally get to have it in my normal rotation. I've reviewed this here.
- Maybelline Midnight Plum - This is still available in most drugstores, if yours hasn't already sold out. Go NOW! Its a super dark plummy purple and I can't wait to rock it.
Can we tell this is my favorite color family? Maybe. Stay tuned for the rest of this series, coming soon!