Review - L'Oreal Limited Edition Color Riche La Laque in Never Laque-ing

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Tracking down limited edition collections (minus the Maybelline Fall Fashion Week collection which was EVERYWHERE) in the Orlando area this year has been a royal pain in my tush. It took me forever to haul all of the shades I wanted from the L'Oreal La Laque and Le Matte collection, and I'm still on the lookout for a good three different Revlon collections and the new Maybelline Color Tattoos - though due to a recent personal victory, I've been able to find the Maybelline Shine Elixirs! I only picked up one, but after trying it just once, I want ALL OF THEM.

Leave it to me to get totally off topic. Long story short, It took me forever to find this particular shade - but after I tried Laquer-ized, I knew I needed this one too.


I described the packaging and it's implications in my review of Laquer-ized (click here!)


One thing I've noticed about the La Laques versus the Le Mattes is that the tip of the lipstick bullet gets duller much quicker. After a few uses the Le Mattes still have a touch of a point to them, while the La Laques are pretty much rounded after one swatch or wear.


Never Laque-ing is the most wearable shade for day to day out of the La Laque range. Its a muted rosey pink that pulls somewhat cool toned. Its nice and opaque in one go, and I didn't have any issue trying to build it up. As with Laquer-ized, I had really no trouble with this one wearing off on me and I only needed to reapply after dinner - but hey, that Roasted Chicken with Pineapple Pico de Gallo was YUMMY! These are the kind of lip products that I appreciate - ones that get me through whole work days or outings without be having to be at a mirror worrying about my lipstick all day.

What I Like:

After I realized how much I loved this formula, I really wanted one that I could wear on more regular basis. Never Laque-ing has become a pretty great staple in my makeup kit, especially for fall! The wear time is really what gets me with this. If I leave it at home or in my bag, I'm still good!

What I Don't Like:

My only complaint about the La Laques as a line is the price; You're getting less product than anaverage lipstick for a higher price.

I'm actually really kind of bummed out that these are limited edition. Maybe L'Oreal will take note of how popular these were and how quickly they sold out and make them permanent? In a perfect world...

10/10 - I can't get enough of these!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you love this! I have She's So Matte and it quickly became a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm becoming a big fan of lip pens and pencils in place of lipstick. Great post!

    Maha Maven
    Maha Maven Youtube

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric