September Favorites!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I've been so great and timely with my favorites posts for the last several months, so the fact that I'm a couple days late this month is pretty indicative of the month of September as a whole. I blinked somewhere around the 7th and it was already October. I'm honestly excited. I'm breaking out all the fall makeup and jewelry and candles - everything but clothes because its still in the high 80s/low 90s here, and probably will be until the end of this month. I'm ready for pumpkin scented everything and sweaters and dark lips. Emphasis on the sweaters - C'mon Florida! Lets try to have some cooler weather this year...

I've compiled some of the things I've been loving this month, and a majority of them are newfound favorites!


Eyes - 


Oy...

- Maybelline The Rocket Volum Mascara - I liked this a lot more than I anticipated, given the short bristled brush. It really does provide great volume.

- NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk - I don't know why I included this in eyes, because I HATE this as an eyeshadow base. It creases in record time on me, no matter how I use it. I should have included this in with cheek products, as I've been wearing this as a highlight on my cheekbones, blending it into my foundation. Yes, I'm that pale.

- NYX Smokey Palette - The whole palette itself isn't a complete hit for me, but I LOVE the right side of it. I wore the taupe as a crease/transition color and the blue as a lid color (as well as a little MAC Satin Taupe for a little help...) and it was probably one of my favorite looks this month. The white is incredibly pigmented as well. The left side is still workable, but it didn't blow me away.

- Darling Girl Nerpette - I'm really feeling colors like this lately, and DG has notoriously great shadows so it was a win in my book.

- Darling Girl Teenage Dream - I really liked this as a middle of the lid shade to bring some definition. I don't have anything quite like it either. Its not too pink, nor too lavender. Very unique.

- Wet N Wild Soldiers in Charms - This performs on par with Wet N Wild's permanent line, and its one of those "neutral but not neutral" trios. Love it.

- Rimmel Scandaleyes in Deep Blue - This is just dark enough to be an almost black shade. I wore it in the waterline with the look I did with the NYX Smokey palette and it was anything but tacky.

- Urban Decay Zodiac - I can't describe how pretty this is. And how happy I was about the fact that there was much less fallout with this than I was anticipating.

Lips -

- MAC Viva Glam Gaga - I actually, after doing a WHOLE lot of research and searching, bought this on Ebay this month. I'm glad I did, because I was kicking myself for not picking it up when it was readily available. 

- Maybelline Flash of Pink - Definitely the most wearable shade from the Maybelline Fall Fashion Week Collection, so I've definitely been getting a lot of wear out of it. I've reviewed this here.

- Maybelline Iced Chocolate - I'm really liking this gloss formula, can you tell? Its a really great nude on my skin.

- L'Oreal Laquerized - I'm blown away by how great this is. Bold color and a great formula. I've reviewed this here

- Coconut and Papaya Lip Balm by Pier 1 - I got a pack of four of these on clearance not too long ago. They're actually incredibly moisturizing!

Cheeks - 


- Clinique Mocha Pink - I've been really feeling neutral blushes lately, and this is the one I've been reaching for out of the bunch. Its a touch browner than MAC The Perfect Cheek and Tarte Exposed. I've reviewed this here.

- NYX Taupe Blush - Finally, right? I understand the hype now.

Face - 

- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation - I actually really like this. It has a thin consistency but still has great coverage and applies really, really well. It doesn't cause my skin to get more oily than usual either, which is always the struggle.

Brushes - 


- Target Up and Up Eyeshadow Brush -  The crease brush by Target is actually incredible, so I decided to try this. Lo and behold, this one is great too. I'm totally okay with that.

- Ulta Crease Brush - I purchased this as part of a set in the springtime - thus the mint green brush - but this brush has the perfect density to blend out harsh lines or place bold crease colors.

- Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush - While I love this brush for eyeshadow, I've been loving it even more to buff in my concealer. Its like the brand's buffing brush for my undereyes!

Fragrance - 


- Victoria's Secret Enchanted Nights - This fragrance is going to be one of my favorites for fall. Its sultry and sexy and it makes me feel pretty - its a mix of coconut flower and sandalwood. You had me at the sandalwood.

- Victoria's Secret Bombshell Forever - I like that this fragrance is fruity without being too overly fruity. Its like a grown up fruity - this one is a mix of boysenberry, lavender flower and pampelwood.

Skin - 


- Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Mask Dead Sea Minerals - If it says anti stress on it, I'll buy it. I needed that this week. This made my skin look and feel clean and radiant - and its bright blue!

Better late than never, right? I've got an extra day this month. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it! Thanks for your patience, guys! Have a lovely October!



1 comment:

  1. I love my VS Bombshell perfume :) Such a classic scent!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric