Fyrinnae Haul!

Friday, August 9, 2013

I've somewhat developed an addiction to indie cosmetic brands in the past year. I've found that if I'm looking for something unique and different for a good value, I'll find it by going the indie route. Fyrinnae is no stranger to that.

I just received my haul today - which surprised me. Most indie brands have a bit of a longer turn around time on their orders - which is listed on the brand's website - but my Fyrinnae order definitely did not take as long as anticipated! I was quite pleasantly surprised.

The thing about Fyrinnae is the consistency of the website - I did run into a couple problems in ordering. Once my order didn't go through and another time nothing would stay in my cart. I was, however, able to get in touch with the brand and they got back to me incredibly quickly and kindly, which made me willing to deal with the technical difficulties. I'm glad I did, in all honesty.

Fyrinnae does have a pretty large shade range; they just have a whole lot to offer. For sake of funds, I narrowed it down to 4 shadows and a Pixie Epoxy (which I've been wanting to try for the longest time!).


Everything was housed in a little green bag with the company's logo printed on it.


I'm a sucker for handwritten thank yous. One of the reasons I love brands like Fyrinnae and Darling Girl so much.


Everything was condensed in iridescent cellophane - the Pixie Epoxy also had foam around it to protect it as it was in a glass tube.



From left to right (and please disregard my weird looking wrist - I was wearing a studded bracelet all day!) these are Steampunk, Purgatory, Agenda, Wizards' Wedding Cake and Fire Opal (which was a gift with purchase). All of these were swatched dry with absolutely no base - which is pretty darn impressive if you ask me.




I also purchased some Pixie Epoxy to see what all the hype was - and well, you can see the above swatch...This is Wizards' Wedding Cake both dry (left) and over Pixie Epoxy (right). WOW...It also has a different texture from all of my other mixing mediums - a little bit thicker and stickier. I'm wondering how this stuff would fare with straight up cosmetic grade glitter. Long story short, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 

I can't wait to start playing with these! I'll update with individual reviews and maybe even a comparison of my collection of mixing mediums!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric