Drugstore "New In's"!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Slowly but surely, we're seeing fall collections pop up in the drugstore. You have no idea how much joy this brings me! I was able to locate the Maybelline Fall Fashion Week Collection and the Wet N Wild Tough Girl collections in my local Walgreens - and just because I can, I'm going to sneak in the Jordana products that I picked up at Walgreens as well and the NYX I got between ULTA and Target (and a bit of a backstory to that situation...)

I just have swatches for you now, but as I'm able to test these I'll be posting reviews and comparisons as well!

Get ready!


 Maybelline Fall Fashion Week 2013!


The amount of restraint I had to have with this collection...man. This has me written all over it. Lots of dark vampy, purple and plummy shades and a lot of cool tones. I didn't partake in any of the eyeshadows - and you'll see why in a moment and the nail lacquers didn't appeal to me as I'm not much of a textured nail person, but the lip products had me over the moon!


 From left to right, I picked up; Violet Intrigue, Lavender Voltage, Midnight Plum, Flash of Pink and Purple Royale. I'm sorry, I just can't get over all of the PURPLE! That gloss? I can't wait. I may have some MAC similars to post when I review these out, but I'm super stoked!

Wet N Wild Tough Girl Collection.


Anddd...this is why I didn't pick up any of the Maybelline shadows. I picked up most of this collection - but left "I Don't Do Camouflage" because I really don't wear blues enough to partake (and I already have the Blue Had Me At Hello palette as well) or Support Our Troops because it was a whole lot like Don't Steal My Thunder (even though I really like the name of this one!). I may or may not have done a little dance when I found these.


Zero Dark Flirty


Enlisting For Beauty 


Spoiled Army Brat


Soldiers in Charms 

I'm glad these are so inexpensive, because I couldn't make up my mind. I really like how unique Spoiled Army Brat is and I can definitely see myself getting a whole lot of use out of Soldiers in Charms and Enlisting for Beauty. Testing starts tomorrow!

And now I'm cheating - Jordana!


I've heard great things about these and their staying power, and to be honest I was wary because they were so cheap! I have super oily lids so cream shadows are either a holy grail or a complete and utter miss for me. From the swatches I can tell that these may be pretty budgeproof!


From left to right these are; Eternal White, Pink Evermore and Endless Emerald. The packaging feels a lot nicer than what the price point suggests and they swatch like a dream. I'm hoping that Eternal White will replace NYX Milk for me, because that one was a total fail on my lids - though I'm making it work in other ways (but thats a secret for another post!). I'm slowly hoarding shadow bases so I have quite the collection by now.

And NYX!


Okay, so my rant about NYX and Target - I definitely did not realize that to get NYX in Target, I'd be giving up Milani! My local target clearanced all Milani and put NYX in it's place. I mean...I'm torn. On one hand, its nice to not have to go to ULTA for NYX all the time, but I love Milani too! They also don't carry the entire NYX line at Target, but rather the most popular pieces. I got the Smokey Palette at ULTA, while the Butter Glosses are from Target.



The swatches above the top are from the Smokey Palette while the bottom two swatches are Eclair and Meringue. I've heard people rave about these glosses lately on Youtube, so I had to partake. 

As of right now, these are the only fall collections I've seen pop up in my local drugstores, but I'd anticipate to see more brands following suit soon. Stay tuned, because I'll be trying to bust these reviews out ASAP!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric