I've Chopped Off All of My Hair for Locks of Love!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

A few weeks ago I noticed that my long hair was doing me no good.  Yes, it was healthy and beautiful - but it ended up on a topknot day in and day out and I wasn't taking time to style or enjoy it.

My thought was, if I'm taking having long hair for granted, how much more people not only without the luxury of long hair, but even hair at all enjoy it. So for the second time in three years, I decided to donate my hair.

So heres a little before and after! Don't mind my mobile photos, please!


It was quite long! At the longest point, my hair was at the waist of my pants! While it was pretty, and I loved it, I was doing nothing with it!


It was nearly impossible to get this photo because I was shaking so badly!!  All of my hair, three years of work is now no longer part of me!

And yes, I cried.


Given, its a little shorter than I anticipated, but I like it! I'm still freaking out and a glass of wine would definitely not hurt my nerves (lol!) but I like it. Its short and classic and super easy to style! 

I keep playing with it an tousling my head about! I really love the angle that it has, as its a bit shorter in the back and longer in the front. I feel so chic!

Locks of Love is a not for profit charity that donates wigs made of 100% human hair to children under the age of 18 whom have lost their hair to a medical issue such as cancer or alopecia areata. For the second time, a girl or boy who needs it will be able to enjoy a head of very straight, auburn hair! If you are interested in learning more about Locks of Love or would like to know the logistics of donating your hair visit http://www.locksoflove.org/!


2 comments:

Design by | SweetElectric