Top 5 Picks for Summer - Blush

Thursday, May 16, 2013

My favorite blushes are usually pale pastels that most people usually hold of on until springtime - For me, on the other hand, you'd have to pry MAC Full of Joy, Illamasqua Katie and Darling Girl Yes, Virginia out of my cold dead hands before I rotate them to the back of my stash when the seasons change.

For summer, however I try my hardest to loosen my grip and wear something a bit more bright and bold. C'mon, I'm so fair skinned that this is the only time of year where I can really pack up some punchy blush without looking like I'm going out on a tropical getaway. ( I mean I live in Florida, but once you live here for 15 plus years even 65 degrees feels cold to you!)

I scoured my stash of blushes and narrowed it down to 5 that my cheeks will be seeing a whole lot of this summer!



From left to right the top row is;

- Tarte Fantastic - This was part of last year's Fantastic Foursome Four Piece Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Enthusiast Set. It is a bright, candy pink with strong blue tones to it and I absolutely adore it against my skin. I'm also quite a fan of Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes.

- ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion - Probably the brightest blush in my collection, Pink Passion is a hot, candy pink with a matte finish and pigmentation out the wazoo. 

- NARS Orgasm - Yeah, yeah. Groundbreaking choice, huh? It's there for a reason; The big O is a perfect summer shade that will look good on anyone. The golden peachy pink warms up anyone!

- Tarte Magic - Also was in the same set as Fantastic, Magic a pretty true coral - I'm not 100% sure how this is as flattering as it is on my skin, but I'll totally run with it!

And across the bottom because I ran out of room is;

- Boots No.7 Natural Blush Cheek Colour in Coral Flush  - A gutsy pink coral with incredible strength of pigment. This was a forgotten favorite of mine.

As the weather gets warmer, my makeup gets brighter - And I am totally okay with that.

What blushes are you loving for summer? Let me know!

Stay tuned for my other picks for summer, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric