Review - MAC Eyeshadow in Sumptuous Olive

Friday, June 28, 2013

I've probably had the best luck in terms of CCO finds this year. Anything that I've been lemming on getting my hands on, I've run into it. This time, however, I managed to find a product - part of the permanent range - that I literally almost purchased at the MAC store at full price earlier that day. I don't know why Sumptuous Olive was at my local CCO, but I'm not going to complain about it!




In case you were wondering - I finally depotted all of my MAC eyeshadows so I could put them in a palette. Half to save space, and half to have them all in one spot!


MAC describes Sumptuous Olive as a "khaki with pearl" with Veluxe Pearl finish. Its a medium olive green with strong gold tones. I really like this shade because the green to it makes for a flattering gold tone where other golds fail against my skin. I didn't have anything all too similar, but rather a whole lot of things that would work well with this. 

With this being the first Veluxe Pearl that I've tried, I can say I'm quite interested in trying more with the finish. It is buttery and pigmented - and feels a lot like a Urban Decay eyeshadow in formula. It applied very well and blended easily. I wore this over Urban Decay Sin with MAC Copperplate in the crease, and it ended up being a really nice take on a neutral eye with just a hint of color. In terms of wear time, I saw no problem whatsoever and it didn't fade or crease.

Overall;

Pros:

- Unique shade.
- Rich pigmentation.
- Blends well.
- Good wear time.
- Can be paired with a large range of colors.

Cons:

- None!

If all Veluxe Pearls are like this, sign me up! I'm totally loving this one and I can't wait to try more!

10/10 Recommended!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric