Review - Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Laced

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I have so many UD Palettes that when the Vice Palette was released I forwent purchasing it. Where would I have put it? (But really, we all know I would have made it work). However, while it was all together lovely, I really just wanted Laced more than anything.

So you can understand my complete glee when this was released as a single last month. I ended up picking this up during Sephora's Chic Week.

Did I need another matte, neutral UD shade? Abso-freaking-lutely!





Urban Decay describes Laced as a "pinky-taupe matte". It is a beige tone taupe with a bit of pink to it, that definitely made it incredibly flattering (and quite natural) against my skin. I used this in a plethora of ways, most often as a base shade for something smokier, or a lid shade for something very natural. I think that was the allure in this shade for me; I'm getting a heck of a lot of use out of it.

The formulation was most definitely on par with the reformulation of Urban Decay's mattes (Naked 2 and on, and more specifically the Naked Basics) as it was a dream to work with - no chalkiness and no issues with low pigmentation.

When I purchased this, I actually feared that I had far to many similar shades. Turns out, this shade is actually unique from all the taupes and beiges that I already had (it's hard to believe, I know!). The closest to Laced in my collection was actually UD Naked, which is actually still quite different.


Laced is on the left and it is a bit darker and quite cooler toned while Naked is warmer and lighter. My Naked is part of the original Naked Palette, which was before the reformulation, so the formula of the Naked I own is possibly inferior to the reformulated version. They are most definitely not dupes, but they do work quite well together!

Overall:

Pros:

- Completely matte.
- Great pigmentation.
- More difficult than expected to dupe.
- No trouble in blending.

Cons:

- None! I'm very pleased with this shade!

I personally love this shade. Its easy and I can literally use it with almost anything and its quickly become a staple in my collection.

10/10 Recommended. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric