Review - Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Snare

Monday, May 20, 2013

Its  not often that the Sephora inside JC Penney actually carries a product that the standalone stores don't, (hello, no Illamasqua except for the nail polishes?? Foul!) but lo and behold - it has happened!
Snare is one of 7 shades that Urban Decay added to their permanent line, which are available exclusively to UD's website and Sephora in JCP. I purchased this shade during Sephora's Chic Week along with NARS Sin and UD Laced!





Urban Decay describes Snare as a "smoky olive green with gold micro glitter". Its a subtly olive toned green that has a very subtle gold shift to it. What confuses me is that UD categorizes this shade as a shimmer/satin finish, in which both claim that there is no microglitter in the finish. However, the shade description mentions microglitter. Which one is it??? Honestly, it reads a bit more metallic than glittery, but there is a touch of microglitter there. 

While I am not particularly complaining but the shade is a bit more green than I was anticipating; I honestly thought it would turn out a bit more neutral. I wore this with UD Laced all over the lid and UD Snakebite in the crease and it was a very flattering, cohesive look.

As far as the formula, the shade was on par with Urban Decay's standard as a whole. I had no problem with a shorter wear time or fading, but I do wish that this shade had a tad bit more depth.



What worried me is that I may have had a dupe in my collection for this shade; I thought that L'Oreal Golden Sage might have been a dupe. Above, I have UD Snare on the left and L'Oreal Golden Sage on the right. Snare is a bit darker, and while they are in the same color family, I wouldn't exactly consider them dupes.

Overall:

Pros:

- Great color payoff.
- Longwearing.
- Neutral toned green; wearable.

Cons:

- Not as vibrant as I'd wished.
- Slight bit of fallout.

While Snare is definitely a good performing shade, it wasn't as showstopping as I thought it would be. I'm definitely getting use out of it, but if had been either a bit more vibrant or a bit more neutral, it would have been a must have!

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric