Disappointing Products - Pt. 1

Monday, May 6, 2013

Despite all of the research I do on items before I make a purchase, I occasionally fall victim to the impulse buy. Sometimes this works out totally in my favor (MAC Pervette was a total impulse buy and just look what happened with that!), but on the other side of the spectrum I've been met with a couple just plain crappy products this way!

I'm breaking this up into a series, not as I am looking to buy super crummy products - but lets face it. It happens.


These five products range from being too mediocre for my liking to the thorn in my side and all that is bad in this world. (Okay, I'm a bit dramatic). Two lip products have met me with serious disappointment along with three eye products. Question is, why do I hoard them?


The first culprit is the Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Silhouette, which I posted a review about here. I don't know if the shoddy formula plagues the whole line or just the lighter colors, but I hated this so much that I refused to buy another one. I remember when these launched and I was super duper excited to haul them; thank God I only bought one! I literally haven't worn this since I tested it. NOPE.


The next is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolor in Tickled Pink, which I was nearly certain that I had reviewed...guess not. I'm all about baby pink shades; when I started wearing lipstick that was the first shade that I tended to gravitate towards. Being the respectful beauty shopper that I am, I didn't open the tube to look at the bullet of the lipstick; in hindsight, I should have. This is frost city and so dated! I felt like I just walked out of the late 80's with a vengeance. In addition to the color so not being for me, it was quite drying and accentuated any imperfections my lips had when worn. Again, I only wore this once. 


Onto eyes, I got the Stila Prime Pot in Taffy as a Sephora 100 Point Perk, but I rather wish I had saved up my points for something else. I was thinking this would be on par with something like MAC Painterly, but absolutely not. Greasy and crease city! Not pleased, especially since I have oily lids.


The next one brings a tear to my eye. I LOVE Maybelline's Color Tattoos, but Painted Purple was a HUGE letdown. Look at it in the pot; so stunningly rich and purple with almost a duochrome effect to it. Try to apply it and you're in turn getting a sheer, streaky kinda purple mess. I even tried applying this in every single way I could think of, but to no avail. Lets just have a moment of silence for this one..


From the research I've done, I'm fairly certain that the L'Oreal HIP Studio Secrets Professional Crystal Shadow Duo in Romantic was not meant to be sheer, but oh my goodness. Yes, its soft, but basically too soft. It pills up when you try to use it and you literally can't reach any kind of opacity. At least I found this on clearance.

I'm sure there are some that I missed that I'll couple in with the next installment, but my meaning behind this series to to help save you guys some money! Given, some things I hate, you might love, but with these I really wish that someone had told me how crummy they were so I could have saved some money! 

Stay tuned for Pt. 2 in the future!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric