Top 5 Picks for Summer - Lipstick

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I feel like I just blinked once in January and opened my eyes in May; I can't believe its almost summer! Here in Florida, we're starting to feel our summer weather. It's hot and very humid and we're starting to see those afternoon thunderstorms that we are oh so used to every summer roll in.

For me, summer is when I break out my bright, saturated hues that just weren't fitting in my winter rotation. The weather is warm, the sun is bright and so is my lipstick!


You should understand the difficulty I faced when narrowing down my extensive collection to just 5! I'm all about a statement lip!


From left to right, my picks for summer are;

- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coralberry - So far as coral as I can get; I only wear this during the warmer months. The pink tones to this make it wearable on my oh so cool toned skin, and it was just too fun and summery to pass up!

- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sorbet - Lovely, glossy, neutral toned hot pink with a touch of translucency for that "Popsicle stained" lip look. Bright and easy.

- MAC Shy Girl - While not as bright as its counterparts, this shade gets a lot of rotation in the summer. Nude with a touch of coral that goes great with a coral blush!

- MAC Pink Nouveau - I couldn't leave this one out. The lippie that started it all and a perfect bright pink; not to mention a total compliment getter!

- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Hot Plum - A bright fuchsia that gets me noticed in all the right ways whenever I wear it!

So there you have it! These five shades will definitely be on heavy rotation for me this summer! 

What shades are you loving for the warmer months?

Stay tuned for Parts 2 though 6 later this week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric