Review - L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fairest Nude

Saturday, May 25, 2013

It has finally happened. I didn't think it would ever happen, but it took me by surprise. What happened, you ask?

I finally found the perfect nude lipstick for my skin. It exists! I've searched high and low for a couple years now trying to find a nude that was versatile enough for me. A lot of times I ran into nudes that were great, but too peachy against my skin to be a holy grail nude. Other times I tried a pale nude that lacked any kind of peachy undertone. The result was a look that made me a shoo-in to be a great Walker on The Walking Dead!

Enter L'Oreal Fairest Nude into my life. Between the perfect mix of pink and nude tones and the subtle nod to Snow White with the name, I am beyond thrilled!


The L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolours are housed in brushed metallic gold packaging with indent on one side to make sure that the lid is secure; it also makes it so the lid can only be replaced in that spot.


L'Oreal's name is also embossed on the bullet itself.


Fairest nude is actually quite pigmented; it is a medium nude with pink tones to it that do not read peachy at all on the lips. For someone so fair, I have quite pigmented lips as well as a freckle on my lips (which I love!). The shade is most definitely one of those "my lips, but better" shades in all the right ways. It brings  a bit of a polished look that is very similar to my natural lip color. The shade is also quite pigmented; it covers my lip freckle with no work at all.

This shade also wears quite comfortably, which surprised me. The only other shade I've tried from this range was Tickled Pink and it was one of the worst lipsticks I'd ever tried! Fairest Nude is an incredible improvement. While it didn't moisturize my lips, it did absolutely nothing to dry them.

The wear time of this shade was average for a shade in this color family. After about 3-4 hours I was needing some update. This range also has quite a synthetic "lipstick taste" that I'm not particularly fond of. Its not the worst I've come across (ahem, Milani!) but it does gross me out just a little. However, for a shade this beautiful, I can deal!

Overall:

Pros:

- Perfect nude for my skin.
- Did not dry my lips.
- Opaque without work.

Cons:

- Synthetic "lipstick taste".
- Average to short wear time.

I hemmed and hawed about purchasing this shade for a very long time because I didn't think it would be anything special. Boy was I wrong! While it doesn't have the longest wearing formula on the market, the shade is flawless against my skin and something I've been searching for - for quite some time now!

8/10

1 comment:

  1. I have a colour riche lipcolor too, but in a different shade. I totally agree with you about the taste! Unfortunately I guess the whole line has that.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric