Review - MAC Archie's Girls Lipstick in Boyfriend Stealer

Thursday, February 21, 2013

When this collection first previewed, this was the shade from the get go that I knew I was going to purchase. I didn't even plan on purchasing Daddy's Little Girl until I was in store and feared it would sell out. In all honesty, despite my love for vampy shades, I really didn't have anything in my collection like Boyfriend Stealer.




I swatched Boyfriend Stealer (left) against the closest shade that I had in my collection which was Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Violet Frenzy just to show the uniqueness of it. MAC describes Boyfriend Stealer  as a "Deep Blackened Plum", which is very apparent, especially when compared to "similar shades". It has a decent amount of purple to it, and it does read super vampy. The one thing, however that makes this a bit more wearable is the sheerness to it. It has a Cremesheen finish so it's not super opaque and intense in pigment, so it can be sheered out to a degree. I was able to build this up a bit on my lips, but it did have that dulled quality that, again, makes it a little less intense. When compared to Revlon Violet Frenzy it is much purpler and darker. Violet Frenzy is more plum, though the two do have a very similar finish.

My only complaint is the way this shade wears. While it isn't the most terrible Cremesheen that I've worn, I honestly just never really have good luck with Cremesheens as a whole (minus Outrageously Fun, but that was almost a fluke). I needed exfoliated, even and hydrated lips to wear this and I wasn't left with those lips when I was done as the formula dries my lips out something fierce. The wear time was not as phenomenal as other vampy shades in my collection, but put up against other Cremesheens like Shy Girl it definitely wore longer.

Overall;

Pros:

- Unique shade.
- Can be sheered out easily or built up for more pigment.

Cons:

- Drying
- Shorter than average wear time.

I'm glad I picked it up for the uniqueness of it in general, though it isn't a shade that I wear all too often. It is so freaking pretty though..

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric