Review - Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Natural Beauty

Saturday, February 9, 2013

If anything is related to Snow White, even unofficially, I'm down. That was basically the story of this blush.

Natural Beauty has been touted by the beauty blogosphere as "The Snow White Blush", and with one look at it, you understand why.





Natural Beauty is swatched heavily on the left, and blended out on the right. Sephora describes this shade as a "muted strawberry red", which is pretty spot on. It is fairly neutral, not leaning too warm or too cool, so it would be acceptable for a wide range of skin tones. There is a bit of very fine microshimmer in the formula, but it does not translate as glittery or gritty, but rather as a very natural, believable sheen. It is one of the more pigmented blushes in my collection and it requires a lighter hand in application, especially if you have fairer skin as I do.

There was one blush in my collection that I felt was similar, though it lacks the neutral tones and is a bit cooler. 


On the left is Tarte Natural Beauty and on the right is Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine. While they are in a similar color family, Plum Wine is quite cooler and a bit more vampy.


The 12 hour wear claim is the place where this product falls short. Yes it is longwearing, but 12 hours is a bit of a stretch. I have combination/oily skin, so I can say with certainty that, despite my skin, this product wore longer than the average blush, but definitely not 12 hours (I'd put it at about 8 before major fading occurred).

Tarte excels in the fact that it a brand that is natural and cruelty free. While I do not have particularly sensitive skin, as I read through the ingredients (and what ingredients were excluded) I felt great about what I was putting on my skin. Tarte may be a company that many people with more sensitive skin may benefit from trying.

Overall - 

Pros:
 - Very pigmented
 - Provides a natural flush
 - Natural ingredients
 - Cruelty free

Cons:
 - Does not wear as long as claimed

I have several Tarte Blushes, and this one is among my favorites. Maybe it is the good performance, or maybe it channels my inner Disney Princess, but either way, I'm keeping this one in my collection.

8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric