Review - NARS And God Created The Woman Set

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I don't need anymore neutrals...I need to make this my mantra, because it apparently hasn't set in.

But yeah, this one was worth it, even though I really didn't need it.


It bears noting that I couldn't wait until I photographed this to play with it...and to risk beating a dead horse, we all already know how dirty the packaging gets.


 To compare, this is the palette compared to my phone, which is an HTC OneX - which is already kinda giant phone wise, but it's about 3/4 of the size of my phone. (Anyone else appreciate my lilac pink glitter case?)



From left to right, the top row is;

Alhambra - This is a shimmering (no glitter) golden champagne. Its pretty soft, and it's kind of like a warmer and darker version of Urban Decay Sin. I have a myriad of shades like this, but I like the "warm but not too warm"-ness to it. This is available in a duo in the permanent range.

Bellissima - Taupe. Obviously we already know how I feel about taupe. I really like this one because 1) Its matte, and 2) Its a touch darker than the rest of my army of taupes. This is available in a duo in the permanent range.

Kalahari - This is a rose gold. The rosiness makes it a bit more wearable on my skin, and it has a nice metallic shimmer to it. This is available in a duo in the permanent range.

Galapagos - This is a medium/dark warm brown with gold micro-glitter. It was a really nice crease shade and blended out much easier than shadows of similar finish. The glitter doesn't really translate to the eye, but it didn't cause fall-out so its excusable. This is available in NARS' permanent single range.

Coconut Grove - This one is a dark, cool toned blackened brown. I wore this in the crease yesterday with no complaints and it definitely gave me some phenomenal definition. It's matte and slightly difficult to swatch, but application is actually pretty stellar. This is available in NARS' permanent single range.

Night Clubbing - This one had the most phenomenal pigmentation of the entire palette. It is a black with a plethora of gold micro-glitter. It applies like butter and with very limited fall-out for the type of product it is. This is available in NARS' permanent single range.

I'm actually rather impressed by this palette as a whole. When I swatched some of the more matte shades I had a bit of apprehension, but the way they apply makes up for any sheer swatching. It don't know what caused it, but all I know is that I'm okay with it. 

In terms of value, its moderate. The shadows included in this palette are almost half the size of the original singles. However, you're getting six of them, plus a primer and travel sized brush for just short of $60. Its a value set, one could say, but its not like a Urban Decay Naked Palette value set, if you catch my drift.

Speaking of the brush and primer; I've actually not tried the primer thus far. I'm saving it until when I run out of UDPP (as I'm strongly considering going a different direction after I'm done with this tube.) Therefore, I refuse to even open it yet so I won't let bacteria into it (Hey, if it goes on your eyes, you should be careful!). The brush (while short, being a travel size) is actually great. Its quite soft, but the bristles are long and in sort of a "fluffy/flat" shape. I also washed it already and saw no change in the feel and no bristles falling out. It felt luxurious. 

Overall:

Pros;

 - Glitter shades had no fall out.
 - All shades applied very well, and blended easily.
 - Good mix of mattes, shimmers and glitters.

Cons;

 - Glitter shades did not exhibit as much glitter as one would expect.

I had to have it, and I'm very pleased with it. Being neutral, I'm going to get a ton of use out of it, and being NARS it was worth the splurge.

This palette is also a limited edition Sephora exclusive. 



1 comment:

Design by | SweetElectric