Review - Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow in Nutty

Thursday, February 21, 2013

This shade has been buzzed about in the beauty blogosphere for a good amount of time now. No surprise, as most of us have encountered what a phenomenal formula that Wet N Wild has on their hands, but I've literally not been able to find it until now. Everywhere I go either does not carry the singles or is sold out of this shade, so when I found this one at the crappy Wal-Mart by where I work I was thrilled. In hindsight, I should have bought a couple of 'em.




Nutty is a slightly brown-ish taupe. And there is where the adoration lies. Anything taupe and I'm pretty much on board. It has strong pigment to it while being quite buttery. As with a good amount of Wet N Wild's eyeshadows, this does have a shimmery finish. I found very little fallout to this shade, which is pretty great for how soft it is to the touch. The shade in and of itself is one that has already found itself in my makeup circulation as of late. 

There's definitely buzz about this shade being a dupe for MAC Satin Taupe, and there are definitely some similarities. 


WNW Nutty is on the left and Satin Taupe is on the right. Nutty is lighter and a touch browner, while Satin Taupe is darker and cooler toned. On the eye they look a tad closer; I felt myself needing something that was a bit darker to use in the crease than Satin Taupe when I used Nutty on the lid. Similar? Yes, but if you're incredibly picky like I am, then I wouldn't exactly call them dupes. WNW's price tag is much more palatable than MAC's and with the two you would be able to achieve very similar looks.

Overall;

Pros:

 - Very Pigmented
 - No wear issues
 - No fall out

Cons:

- Difficult to come across?

Overall this is another addition to my "recommended" products. And if I can get my paws on it, I want one of these in Envy as well. 

10/10. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric