Review - MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

There are always those staple products that everyone should have in their kit. Painterly is one of them. I can't believe it took me this long to purchase it!


MAC Paint Pots are housed in a small circular container with a screw on cap. Each contains 5 grams of product and retails for $18.50.




On MAC's website, Painterly is described as a "nude beige" and has a creme finish. It is a medium toned nude and dries down completely matte. (I am a NW 15 for reference, and Painterly is a nude that is a few shades darker than my natural skin tone)

Within the last two weeks of having this in my possession, I've literally used it almost every day. This photograph was taken today, so it is easy to see that I've hardly even broken the surface. I use this with over UDPP, but as a base for other shadows and I feel that it has both improved the wear time of most of my shadows across the board as well as increased the color payoff of some of my lighter neutral shades. I have oily lids, and I feel like the consistency is incredible for this problem. Painterly is creamy enough to apply and blend, but dries to almost a powder like finish and stays put. It doesn't get greasy or oily and sets quickly. 

Overall:

Pros:

- Longwearing
- Responds well to my oily lids
- Dries down quickly, but is easy to apply and blend.
- Neutral option that can be used with limitless looks.
- Extends the wear of my shadows and increases their vibrance.

Cons:

- No complaints here!

I ADORE this product, and I'm very excited about how much use I'm getting out of it. I've I'm paying almost $19 for an eyeshadow base, it better be flawless; Painterly is just that, flawless. Because of this shade, I will most definitely check out other finishes in the range.

10/10 - Highly recommended! 


3 comments:

  1. Hey, I really like your blog (I've been following you on tumblr for a long time!)so I wanted to pass the Liebster Award onto you! ^.^ The details and stuff are in the April archive of my blog if you want to accept it :) Also, you just made me want Painterly even more xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely invest in it. I can't believe how much use I'm getting out of this thing! And thank you so much; I'll get that posted tomorrow :D

      Delete
  2. paint for mac :MyBrushes paint for Mac app is the best Mac paint software to paint on Mac infinite canvas and PLAYBACK drawing Paintbrush for Mac.It's good as ms Paint for Mac

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric