Review - Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sorbet

Monday, April 15, 2013

- Before I dive into my review, I would like to take a moment to show my support for my readers and anyone else affected by what happened in Boston this afternoon. What an incredibly awful situation; my prayers and thoughts are with you.-


Revlon found a whole lot of success with the Lip Butter range since it's release, and thus have widened their shade range for this spring, with this shade - Sorbet- as well as three others - Juicy Papaya, Wild Watermelon and Pink Lemonade, which are all very on trend for spring.






Sorbet is a hot pink shade that neither leads too warm, nor all too fuchsia at the same time. It is fairly neutral toned, and thus would work on a wide range of skin tones. I originally thought that this shade would be too close to Lollipop, but it is much less fuchsia in comparison. Sorbet does look similar to Sweet Tart, but I feel that Sweet Tart is a bit warmer. While I do own Sweet Tart, I found that Sorbet was a bit more wearable across the board on my skin due to the neutral tones; it just goes with a large amount of looks. 

The formulation of this shade is consistent with the remainder of the range. especially the medium to dark shades. The color payoff is semi-opaque which can be easily worked up to opaque. This shade stuck around for about 2 hours before it definitely needed reapplication, but there was a touch of color left behind.  While the formula of this range does not provide my lips with much hydration, it does not dry out my lips either. 

Overall;

Pros:

- Neutral take on hot pink; quite wearable.
- Does not cause drying on the lips.
- On trend shade for spring.

Cons:

- Short wear time.

I personally do not have a lot of neutral pinks like this one, so it was a nice addition to my collection. In terms of the rest of the new shades, I may check out Juicy Papaya as I really don't have many shades like that, but given how many lip butters I already have, I'll need to wait for more unique shades from Revlon.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric