Review - Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I received this product as part of a GWP that I hauled from Clinique last month. I have the haul post here, and I have previously reviewed the eyeshadow and blush palette, the Black Honey Almost Lipstick, and the Iced Lotus Blush. This is a mini size of the mascara, however, I'm getting a good amount of use out of it so far.



The lash doubling mascara has quickly become one of my favorites; which is really saying something because I find myself getting indifferent to mascara - I have naturally full, long lashes, so sometimes I find mascaras to be a one trick pony. However, I think the reason that I like this one for a reason that is not entirely what it intended.

The wand is thin and tapered with average length bristles and the applicator part of the wand is actually rather long in comparison. The end gets pretty skinny so I'm easily able to get to the lashes on the inner and outer corners of my eyes easily.

The goal of this product is to add volume; however I found that for my lashes it provided more length and definition than anything - which I was 100% okay with. When I wear this mascara, I feel like I have long, glamorous lashes that look like they are believably mine. 

As with how I generally prefer my mascaras, this product dried quickly and completely - I prefer drier formulas as a feel like wetter formulas clump my lashes together - but did not cause any flaking on me either.

Overall:

Pros:

- Gave my lashes a long, defined, yet natural look.
- Drier formula.

Cons:

- Marketed as volumizing, but I've used other, cheaper mascaras that provided more volume.

I tend to go cheap with mascara, given my general indifference - however, if this is in a value set again I'll probably gladly oblige.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric