Yesterday I received a message from Jade at Beauty Kitten telling me that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. What this is, basically, is recognition for bloggers with smaller audiences that allows them to be discovered by other blogs and potential readers. My sincerest thanks go out to Jade, I love her blog as well; check her out!
Alright, these are the rules for the Liebster Award:1. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.2. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award onto and link them in your post.3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.5. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.6. No tag-backs!
These are the questions Jade gave us!
1. What makeup product do you have a weakness for? (Ex. blush, lipsticks, mascaras)
It really depends on the product for me. I'm a sucker for a great presentation though; veining in highlighters, glamorous packaging, etc.
2. What's your favorite season?
Winter. My birthday is in December and since I live in Florida, its a nice change of pace in terms of weather.
3. What's your favorite song right now?
That's like asking a parent to choose their favorite child. Escape by The Devil Wears Prada, Bulls in the Bronx by Pierce the Veil and Chasing Ghosts by The Amity Affliction are all getting a whole lot of plays on my iPod as of late.
4. If you had to go on a reality show, which would it be?
I LOVE Face Off, but I'm nowhere near talented enough. I've entertained the idea of American Idol as I was a vocal concentration throughout highschool but I never had the guts to!
5. What's your favorite movie genre?
It depends on my mood; Comedy is usually a win across the board. Anything but horror/gore movies and I'm good. I'm a total wimp!
6. What's the last book you read?
The last one I finished was An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers. I'm halfway through at least four other books right now.
7. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Both. My dogs are the closest I'll probably have to children for a very, very long time. But I do love cats as well.
8. What's one food that you hate?
CHEESE. I vehemently LOATHE cheese. Always have.
9. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Its so corny but I use the word rad more often than I should. True child of the 90's apparently.
10. Do you have any pets?
I have two dogs and a horse which I adore with my entire heart.
11. Do you make a lot of impulse purchases?
I definitely try not to, but I slip up more often than I'd like!
11 Facts About Me
- I studied opera and classical music and sang competitively in high school.
- I'm trying to learn how to speak both Spanish and Portuguese right now, both languages are very prominent as of the last 10 years in the Orlando area because of so much tourism from South America. I find it very cool, but Portuguese specifically is very difficult!
- I'm a candle hoarder. I have more candles than anyone would possibly need.
- I've lived on both the west and east coast of the US
- My favorite movie is a three way tie between The Sound of Music, Breakfast at Tiffany's and the Nightmare Before Christmas.
- I can't whistle.
- I enjoy doing laundry.
- I played the Saxophone in band throughout middle and high school.
- I have very bad eyesight - I can't see anything more than a foot in front of my face without corrective lenses!
- I drink more tea than one probably should.
Jade tagged one or two blogs that I follow, so I tag -
- Mary at http://neonchipmunkmakeup.blogspot.com/
- Gina at http://www.lipglossonmylatte.com/
- Lauren at http://grassundermyfeet.blogspot.com/
- Starling Bright at http://www.starlingbright.com/
- Lola at http://www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com/
- Nikkia at http://silverlipsbeauty.com/
- Ingrid at http://nentasfrivolity.blogspot.com/
- Amy at http://roseberrylips.blogspot.com/
- Alchemy at http://beautyparfait.blogspot.se/
- Ebony at http://skindeepandbeautiful.blogspot.com/
- Fiona at http://theprettybeautiful.blogspot.se/
And their 11 questions are;
1) What product, or products, started your beauty obsession?
2) What is your biggest makeup related pet peeve?
3) What is your nickname and how did you get it?
4) What was your first concert? What was your favorite?
5) What is one beauty product you regret buying? Why?
6) Who do you look up to the most?
7) Are you a early bird or a night owl?
8) What is your favorite discontinued/limited edition product?
9) What is your favorite band/artist?
10) What is your signature perfume?
11) What inspires you?
Again I would like to thank Jade for nominating me and I strongly suggest you check out her blog, as well as the ones I've nominated!