Review - MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I recently stumbled across Lightscapade at my local CCO, which is in perfect timing, as it is being repromoted in the Hailey Williams Collection (which was rumored to be called of, on again, and had the release date changed to the 9th rather than the 5th. What a mess!) One of my local MUA's swears that Lightscapade is part of the permanent range, but is not available online. Despite the huge fiasco surrounding this product and the coinciding collection; I really do enjoy Lightscapade.

(Note - give the confusion surrounding the launch of this collection, I would call your local MAC beforehand, just in case. I've not been able to find a definitive answer online and am hearing mixed information in store.)




MSFs are a sight to see. The veining creates a customized color, yes, but moreover they are just so stunning to look at!


Lightscapade is a pale, cool toned beige. The beige tones make it very wearable across the board, on many different skintones, while the cooler tones to it set it apart from similar products such as NARS Albatross, which is far more golden in comparison. The consistency is very finely milled and has great pigmentation to it. It is quite soft and blendable and a dream to apply. It has more of a sheen than a shimmer as well, and I didn't find that this accentuated my pores at all.

My only complaint is the wear time; it faded on me at about 4 hours, which is average, but I was holding onto hope for longer wear since this was already so fantastic across the board!

Overall;

Pros:

- Cooler tones set it apart from products of the like.
- Beautiful presentation.
- Finely milled.
- Applies well and blends easily.
- Does not accentuate pores.

Cons:

- Shorter to average wear time.

I was planning on purchasing this with the upcoming collection, but found it at a CCO (and for a better price!). I'm very glad I did; given the confusion about the collection overall and the fact that I've used this quite a bit already. It doesn't really matter how many highlighters you have; Lightscapade is a great addition to your collection.

9/10





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric