Review - NARS Blush in Seduction

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The fact that I am a NW15/Ivory with strong cool undertones and with just a touch of rosacea and this blush still looks BOMB on me is a sure sign that there really are no "beauty laws". I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Rock what YOU like!

Seduction was new for Spring 2013 and I stalked my local Sephora until it was released.





Left is swatched heavily and right is blended out. NARS' official description of this shade is "Sangria" (which is probably a great way to get me to buy something ;D ). Its reddened and plummy and not too warm, but rather neutral to cool toned. There is a very slight sheen to it, but in a more natural manner. It isn't frosty, just a touch glowy. 

This product does have very strong pigment, which is both a good thing and a...difficult thing. Being so fair skinned I've found this is easy to overdo. I've taken to using my Real Techniques Contour Brush because of the softer touch and egg shape that it has to feather this shade on, and with good result. If you have a deeper skin tone, this is still going to sing on your skin!

The wear time was on par with higher end blushes for me. 6 hours is my average at this price point and this one did stick around maybe a touch longer because of the strength of pigment.

I've been drawn to shades like this, especially last winter, so I have a couple "similars".


From left to right; NARS Seduction, Tarte Natural Beauty, Essence Renesmee Red and Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine.

Tarte Natural Beauty was far lighter and more of a strawberry red.

Essence Renesmee Red (I can sense you judging me) was more Orange but had a similar depth. 

Maybelline Plum Wine was also a bit more to the pink red side, but was the only one dark enough to get close. 

Absolutely no dupes, basically I just have a few in the same color family.

Overall:

Pros:

- Strong Pigmentation.
- Natural sheen versus frost.
- Long wear time.
- Unique shade

Cons:

- Needs a light hand.

I'm not even going to count the one "Con" I could think of against it. This blush is PHENOMENAL.

10/10 - Recommended for purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I'm still lusting over this blush. It will be mine someday!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric