Review - Milani Baked Blush in Fantastico Mauve.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baked products, across the board, are pretty gorgeous to look at. The veining and overall presentation makes them a work of art. And of course, every one is different. I'm definitely the person in the drugstore looking at all of these to find the prettiest before I purchase. C'mon, you're not saying you do any different, are ya?



Isn't she a beaut? Good thing I photographed this before much use...most of the veining is an overspray and doesn't do much to change the overall color of the blush. While some still runs through the entire pan, I was so bummed!

Fantastico Mauve is a wine color with a hint of warmth and is borderline between shimmery and glittery. It has more than a shimmer sheen, but doesn't have super chunky glitter. Given the depth of color of this blush, this definitely is a product you need a lighter hand in application with. Its pretty powerful and the left built swatch didn't take much building. Its not an everyday blush if you share the fair skin tone that I do, but I'd love to see how this fares on deep to very deep skin tones; I can imagine that it would be STUNNING! 

The wear time for this product was average; nothing showstopping but its not a product that is going to fade in 3-4 hours. There is a lot of strength of pigment, so I can't reiterate the need to apply with a light hand enough as well. It applies well and blends well, but if you overapply this one its a bit of a pain to tone down. My only overall qualm, not even a huge complaint, is the shimmer to it. Since its approaching the glitter territory, I found that it accentuated my pores just a touch. Not the worst I've seen by far, but I may hold off on this one on days when my skin isn't in it's best form. 

I felt like this blush was a touch similar to NARS  Seduction, so I decided to swatch them together.


Milani Fantastico Mauve is on the left and NARS Seduction is on the right. Seduction is a touch cooler toned and the finish is more refined, just a sheen rather than shimmer.

Overall;

Pros:

- Pigmented
- Blends easily.
- Budget option for a shade that may not get a whole lot of use.

Cons:

- Most of the veining is an overspray.
- Finish is almost glittery.

Fantastico Mauve is overall a good product. Its not a holy grail, but I feel like deeper skin tones would get a lot more use out of it than I can, and with stunning results.

7/10




No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric